Privacy Notice - anb
THIS PRIVACY NOTICE IS EFFECTIVE 23/03/2020 AND MAY BE AMENDED FROM TIME TO TIME
anb recognizes the expectations of its customers with regard to privacy of their personal information that resides with the Bank. Keeping personal information of customers secure and using it solely for activities related to the Bank and preventing any misuse thereof is our priority. anb is aiming at protecting the personal information entrusted and disclosed by its customers. This Notice governs the way in which anb collects, uses, discloses, stores, secures and disposes of personal information and sensitive personal data or information.
Safeguarding your personal information is our main concern. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and regulations to secure your information from unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful alteration and destruction; and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing. We engage in the continuous training of our employees in the proper management of personal information.
At anb, we take data privacy very seriously and we provide our customers with all necessary data security to protect such personal information from unauthorized access. We require any third parties who carry out any work on our behalf to comply with appropriate compliance standards to protect your information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
anb will only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and laws.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We may collect information from a range of sources and it may relate to any of our products or services we currently provide or may have provided in the past.
We collect your personal information when...
- you open an account or perform transactions such as make deposits or withdrawals from your account, payment history and transactions records
- you apply for a loan or use your credit or debit card
- you seek advice about your investments
- you seek information from our customer service provider, information concerning complaints and disputes
- we seek information about your credit history from credit bureaus
- you provide account information such as your personal details e.g. name, gender, date and place of birth; contact information such as address, email address, and mobile numbers, provide your employment information
- you provide information concerning your identity e.g. photo ID, passport information, National ID card and nationality
- you use your login credentials for online banking and mobile banking apps and we collect information about your computer (or mobile device), including collecting your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information for system administration or for our own commercial purposes.
- we conduct necessary investigations i.e., due diligence checks, and AML/CFT checks and obtain information that we need to support our regulatory obligations, e.g. information about transaction details, detection of any suspicious and unusual activities.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- anb will only use your information when you have provided your consent or when the Bank is required by the law to do so.
- We use the information we collect to provide customers with excellent products and services, to manage our business and to offer an enriched and enhanced customer experience.
- We make appropriate use of your data to manage transactions, respond to your requests, and to provide you with more relevant products and services.
- We use your information to deliver our products and services, carry out your instructions, and provide Online Banking, mobile banking and other online product and services.
- We use these information to detect and prevent financial crimes including fraud, financing for terrorism and money laundering, this is to ensure security and business continuity.
- We will use your information to meet our compliance obligations, to comply with laws and regulations and to share with regulators when absolutely necessary.
- Where we have your consent, we may use personal information we have about you such as your email address, mobile number, mailing address to deliver advertising to you directly or on our websites, provide updates on special deals and offers that might interest you.
- We may send you general announcements or important news about your account.
- We may need to record conversations you have with us including phone calls, face-to-face meetings, letters, emails and any other kinds of communication. These recordings may be used to check your instructions to us and improve on our product and service delivery.
- We may collect information about your computer (or mobile device), including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration or for our own commercial purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
The Bank, in efforts to provide you with excellent products and services may need to outsource its product delivery, this will be done in line with relevant regulations and law. We may share your information in order to provide you with products or services you have requested.
We may also share your information where we have a public or legal duty to do so, when we need it to conclude regulatory reporting and when we have requested and received your permission to share it.
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Its functions include storing your login and session statuses, recording your user preferences and analyzing web traffic.
Apart from the data that you elect to disclose and share with us, we cannot access your computer or any other information about you with cookies.
Although most browsers automatically accept cookies, you can amend your browser settings to disable cookies. This may however prevent you from fully experiencing the website as it was intended.
This Notice is applicable to personal information and sensitive personal data or information collected by the Bank or its affiliates directly from the customer or through the Bank’s online portals, mobile apps and electronic communications as also any information collected by the Bank’s server from the customer’s browser.
SECURITY PRACTICES & PROCEDURES
The security of personal information is a priority and is protected by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable laws. The Bank shall take reasonable steps and measures to protect the security of the customer’s personal information from misuse and loss, un-authorized access, modification or disclosure. The Bank maintains its security systems to ensure that the personal information of the customer is appropriately protected and follows standard encryption norms for the transmission of information. The Bank ensures that its employees and affiliates respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by the Bank.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The bank retains your personal information only for as long as mandated by the regulators for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies which is subject to Electronic Banking Services instructions and other applicable rules & regulations within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
PRIVACY NOTICE CHANGES
The effective date of this notice is provided above. Any updates or changes to the notice will be posted on this website with the new revision date, which is the effective date of changes. Your continued use of this website constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this notice.
DATA PRIVACY QUERIES
For any requests or general inquiries on your Data Privacy and rights, please contact the Data Privacy / Protection Team through the following email: